What is a Site Administrator?
The role of the Site Administrator is to work with Model Schools to communicate technology integration activities in local districts and across the region. This involves sharing Model Schools’ regional professional development offerings, coordinating Model Schools’ in-district professional development opportunities, encouraging participation in Model Schools’ Trending Technology Teams, engage in CLO software reviews, and facilitate
communication between Model Schools and your district. A Site Administrator should also maintain contact with district administrators and provide periodic status updates to Model Schools’ Regional Coordinators.
Site Administrator Responsibilities
- Maintain contact with district administrators, report status to the Model Schools Regional Coordinator (via e-mail) and attend regularly scheduled meetings.
- Oversee day-to day Model Schools’ activities in district/building and assure compliance with project goals and required submissions.
- Facilitate the update/development of a multi-year instructional technology plan.
- Implement the Model Schools instructional technology process in collaboration with the Model Schools Regional Coordinator. (This will include instructional technology planning, customized professional development, curriculum design and refinement of learning experiences and the identification of local teacher integration experts.)
- Coordinate instructional technology of integration, identify teacher integration experts and oversee the submission of learning experiences and assessments to the Model Schools Regional Coordinator.
- Coordinate technical support, software review and peer demonstration for teachers.
- Participate in local, regional, and statewide forums to represent Model Schools activity.
- Share research, resources on effective instructional technology strategies and new software products for curriculum and assessment applications.
- District/Building Liaisons should attend regularly scheduled meetings set by the Model Schools Regional Coordinator.
- Maintain records of Model Schools surveys.
- Identify Model Schools technology integration experts who represent all content areas and grade level applications.
- Communicate by e-mail, join the Model Schools listserv, report and publicize integration progress from your schools.